Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fast, not furious.

Okay, I've good news and bad news.

It's about my running. I lost my way in April, there. Almost stopped running altogether. I'd other things on my mind. A lot of travelling, moving flats, tons of good movies in the cinema. Joss Whedon alone took a good 10 hour chunk out of my April. No regrets, though. But I got back into it. Bought new minimalist runners (that I'm still breaking in), got a magazine or two to give me ideas and back onto the footpath I went.
So.

The good news is I've gotten my 5k time down to a fairly consistant 25 minutes. Sometimes less, rarely more. Today was 25:06. The fastest EVER is 12 minutes 37 seconds. And that was on a track. A FLAT track. Wuss. He probably had the wind behind him and all.
Anyway, that means nobody in the world can claim to be twice as good as me at a 5k run. YES.

The bad news is 5k is about the limit of what I can do right now. I tried to push it to 6 this evening and I nearly collapsed in a hedge at the next set of traffic lights. Going too fast, I think. Heat ain't helping either. If I wanna get back up to me tens and twelves I need to, sigh, slow down.
Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

1 comment:

  1. i've got my 5k down to 30 minutes, for my little legs i'm pretty proud !!!! do what i have done, sign up for a race, will give you something that you know you need to aim for. definitely helps !

    ReplyDelete