Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A brief sidestep.

Right.
This past few years I've become less and less religious. I've questioned it more and more and, finally, I came to believe that the world we live in is the only one we have. As I've lost faith in religion I've come to love science more.
I love how a carbon nanotube the width of a hair can bear the weight of a car. I love how Norman Borlaug is credited with saving A BILLION LIVES by traveling the world genetically modifying crops to grow better in harsh conditions. I love reading about how we'll no longer need blood donations in the future because, well, we can just brew some up. Science is fucking brilliant. Science gets things done.
Science lets Cathy Hutchinson. who's been paralysed for 15 years, drink her morning coffee without a carer.
Sorry, religion, we're through.

No comments:

Post a Comment