Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slightly longer smiley face.

I don't like how... hmm, how things take my smilies and make them into actual smiley faces.
This riles me.
I like my sideways smilie. I like being able to choose between a colon or an equals sign, a big or little p.
But nowadays my phone, facebook, gmail, all these "improvements" to my life insist on taking them and turning them into little... pictures. Sometimes animated pictures. And I hate them. They ruin my original meaning.
I put a lot of effort into what I write. I'm BRUTAL at talking in real life. I mumble, repeat myself and say "eh" a lot. But when I type, I can take my time, go back and change words until I'm happy. Fuck, that top paragraph up there was twice as long originally. I frequently go back and edit my text messages numerous times before sending them. In short, I like writing, and seeing what I've wrote.
And if I write 'equals-P', I fucking want 'equals-P', not a thumbnail of a yellow face.
So I've started putting spaces in my smilies so they don't get replaced. And now my smilies look slightly longer than usual. They look like horse smilies.
Okay, this isn't the biggest tragedy in the world. It's possibly the smallest, down there with how stamps taste funny and how the plastic bit at the end of my shoelace (iglet) has come off.
I suppose if I'm resorting to moan about this then my life probably ain't all that bad.


= P

No comments:

Post a Comment