Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Derilique-t.

I don't like walking past homeless people.
I don't like giving money to homeless people either. I think it's something to do with not knowing what they'll do with it. A shit excuse, I know, I shouldn't care what they do with my fifty pee. I'm a bastard in many ways. This is one.
There's one chap always outside my Scotmid. Forlorn looking chap. Seems decent. Never shouts out to me or anything, just looks at me with his sad eyes. This chap I don't give money to in case he starts to expect me to give money every time. So I mutter "Sorry" every time and walk on with a concerned look on my face, as if I have my own troubles to deal with. A look that says "I've been told I've six months to live", or "I've just been struck off the register for waving my willy out the window of the bus on the way to work". In reality, my troubles tend to be more along the lines of having to put the duvet cover on my duvet this evening.

I couldn't quite pull off the look today, as I came out of the shop tearing open a threepack of Kinder Surprises, though.

His face was less forlorn, more "What a wanker".

No comments:

Post a Comment