Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Good morning.

Every so often I arrive into work with a spring in my step. I've a smile in my face, I greet my co-workers with  unexpected enthusiasm and I generally just can't wait for the day to start. People occasionally comment on this. They say I'm "chirpy" or that I must have gotten out on the right side of the bed. And I just smile and nod. The day begins, and three or four people booked in for eye tests that morning get the best damn eye test of their life. Chirpy Noel. There's a fair chance you've never met him.

You may wonder what has me in such a good mood. There's lots of things that could do it. None, by the way, of that Robson and Jerome/Perry Como codswallop about hearing newborn babies cry or touching leaves for me, though. Touching leaves just doesn't cut it for me.

But... maybe I saw some nice art on the way to work?
Seen down Leith Walk sometime last year. A nice break from mobility scooters and tramps.
...no. I'm not chirpy because I saw nice art on the way to work.
But maybe I saw a nice animal on the way to work? A cute dog or some kittens?
Or a goat?
Again, no. I'm not chirpy because I saw a nice animal on the way to work.
Maybe I met a friend on the way to work? Maybe I bumped into an old acquaintance and we had a chinwag at a pedestrian crossing?
And drank a litre of beer.
No. And I only suggested that option so I could use this picture. It's a great picture.

Maybe... I had a nice trip on the bus? A girl smiled at me, traffic was light or the guy playing his music too loud was playing music I liked?
A bus. You didn't need this picture, did you?
Not that either, no.
No, the reason I'm so chirpy this morning is simple.
BOOM!
BANG!
THWACK?
KABLOOEY!
It's because I had my energy shot this morning. It tastes like cordial... that makes cordial. Double cordial. It goes down in one mouthful and it lifts my spirits like nothing else. I usually use it for running but, the odd morning I just can't face the day, one of these down my neck has me tearing out my front door like my first appointment is a naked Famke Janssen.
Thank you, Focus Energy Shot, or whatever you call yourself (the same wee bottle is repackaged in at least six different ways), for getting me where I am today.
I salute you.



1 comment:

  1. That guy in the background of the Oktoberfest picture is having the least amount of fun possible with a litre of beer.

    ReplyDelete