Monday, April 16, 2012

Another repost from facebook.


Sorry, my laptop's fan has seized up so I'm stuck on choppy phone 3G and wifi on a tablet. Both have touchscreens and are therefore as easy to type on as a Russian typewriter. So here's a repost of something short I wrote on facebook. Longer, heartier, stuffwill resume when I've my machine back.

"£2.70?" I thought to myself, "That's very reasonable for a meatball, cheese and jalepeno panini."
"Hi, can I've the meatball, cheese and jalepeno panini, please?" I said, no longer thinking inside my head. As I waited for my meatball, cheese and jalepeno panini I wondered if, when I wrote this as a status later, I'd end up abbreviating the ingredients. I didn't. The lady in the sandwich bar handed me a hot paper bag with a meatball, cheese and jalepeno panini inside it. I handed her three pounds, she handed me thirty pee and back out into the Scottish sunshine I went.
Biting into my freshly made meatball, cheese and jalepeno panini, I realised why it was so reasonably priced. Canned meatballs and rubbery cheese.
Bah.
There's no such thing as a free lunch and there's no such thing as a reasonably priced meatball, cheese and jalepeno panini.

No comments:

Post a Comment