Friday, November 2, 2012

Something I already wrote on facebook, but it's long enough to warrant its own blog entry.

On my way home this evening I took a quick diversion into the Co-op to get something to eat. I'm in a little bit of a hurry this evening, going to see Skyfall again at seven so I went with the easy option. Pizza. You can't go wrong with pizza. Well, maybe you could put it in the oven upside down but if you're that kind of person I'm surprised you managed to make it onto facebook without putting your laptop in the shower.
It's cooking as I type.
I grabbed my disc of bready cheesiness and made my way to the checkouts. There, I was once again HARASSED by the sweets section. Recently, I've had a weakness for peanut M&Ms. I'm fooling myself by thinking the protein in the peanuts balances out the chocolate and sugar shells and makes them someway healthy.
So far, I'm totally fooled. Good job, me.
Anyway, I saw the label on the edge of the shelf "Peanut M&Ms 40p"
"Forty pee?", I thought to myself, careful not to say it out loud in case I sparked a riot, "That's wild cheap". (That's how I talk in my head.) So I grabbed a bag without another thought and approached the checkout with a big smug head on me.
Outside, I looked at the bag I'd bought and I was instantly disappointed. Downsizing had struck again. The bag, I now saw, was much smaller than what I'm used to, maybe two thirds the regular size. Groping it a bit led me to believe it was mostly air, a trick Nestle no doubt picked up from Walkers' Crisps. I opened the bag to see a pitiful amount of sugar coated peanuts staring back at me.
Maybe they were a promotional size, I'm not sure. I can only hope they go back to normal bags but, with Cadbury's taking 4g of chocolate off Dairy Milks in the past few weeks, I won't keep my hopes up.
M&Ms? Would've been more accurate just calling them "Ms"

No comments:

Post a Comment